Join us for a conversation about misinformation and science denial, with Dr. Sara Gorman. This episode will help you contribute to one the most important battles of our times: the fight between misinformation and evidence-based information. Dr. Gorman sheds light on where misinformation comes, why we are all vulnerable, how to protect ourselves, and how to engage productively with others who have been misled.
Dr. Sara Gorman is a public health expert and author who is passionate about fighting misinformation and creating a higher quality information environment for everyone. She has a Master’s in Public Health from Columbia University and a PhD in English literature from Harvard. She is the co-founder of Critica Science, a community committed to making rational decisions about health and security. Her first book examines the psychology of healthcare decision making and irrational and beliefs; her second book (in progress) is about conspiracy theories and distrust in science.
More from Dr. Sara Gorman
- Twitter @critica_life
- Critica Science: https://www.criticascience.org
- Those Nerdy Girls: https://dearpandemic.org/
Dr. Gorman’s books
- Denying to the Grave: Why We Ignore the Facts That Will Save Us
- Modern Medicine: Conspiracy Theories and Distrust in the 21st Century (under contract with Oxford University press)
Other resources and related links
- Breast cancer screening mammography decision aid for women in their 40s: https://bsd.weill.cornell.edu
- Breast cancer screening article on Those Nerdy Girls (by Dr. Chana Davis): https://dearpandemic.org/breast-cancer-screening/
- COVID-19 contagiousness article on Those Nerdy Girls (by Dr. Chana Davis): https://dearpandemic.org/10-day-positive-contagious/