- What are (ultra) processed foods?
- What do we know about the link between food processing and obesity and related diseases? What do we not yet understand?
- What are the limitations of the “whole is good and processed is bad” food rule?
- How can we translate nutrition science into actionable advice for the public?
Drs. Tobias and Davis also share practical tips for how they shop and prepare foods for their families in a way that leverages the advantages of processed foods while ensuring high nutritional value.
- Ultra-Processed Diets Cause Excess Calorie Intake and Weight Gain: An Inpatient Randomized Controlled Trial of Ad Libitum Food Intake
- Eliminate or reformulate ultra-processed foods? Biological mechanisms matter https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.
- Ultra-processed food consumption and excess weight among US adults
- The energy balance model of obesity: beyond calories in, calories out