– How Impossible Foods creates “meat” from plants
– Similarities and differences between proteins from plants and animals
– How protein quality is measured
– Why and how food manufacturers use microbes to produce ingredients
– Why the word “processed” need not be a dirty word
– The impacts of animal agriculture on the planet
Disclosure: I have a personal connection – but no financial connection – to Impossible Foods. I did my PhD in genetics at Stanford in the lab of Impossible’s founder, Dr. Pat Brown. The company was launched in 2011, five years after I graduated. I’m grateful to know both Pat Brown and Sue Klapholz personally.